torstai 16. kesäkuuta 2011

Foil nail art! - Cherry O's

So I ordered a bunch of stuff from the Dollar Nail Art store and they finally came! Not that the delivery took long, it was pretty quick actually, but since I was looking forward to them so eagerly it seemed like a long wait ;P So I ordered seven different nail foils, the one I tried on now, a gold, silver, fuchsia, marble, a rose pattern and a marble pattern. I'll try them all on and post about them later on one by one :) I also ordered striping tape and rhinestones and stuff but those you'll probably see me using in other nail art I do :D sorry about all the smileys, i'm just excited about these ;P
So below are all the equipment I used, not including the nail polishes though, which were a base coat and a dark red nail polish.
 So here was my first trial, not very successful, but luckily the second time I tried it already came out much better, I don't think I let the adhesive dry well enough.
 I decided to put a coat of red nail polish underneath to help hide any small mistakes when the foil doesn't always stick to every single part of the nail. Below you can see the red nail polish and I've just added adhesive  to my thumb, this is what it looks like when you first put it on, it later dries and becomes tacky and see through, you can't even notice it on the nail.
 I then cut the foils into suitable sizes for each finger; I just estimated and cut ten pieces of the foil, each approximately a few centimeters wide. The you just stick it to the nail and rub it down, I used an orange stick to press it down and get all the edges near my cuticles.
Now the result didn't come out perfect but good enough for me! I'm not striving for perfection, just having fun and getting cool looking nails at the same time :)

 Here I added some of the striping tape and a rhinestone on the ring finger, even though it looks nice in my opinion this look is a bit too dark for me, I don't know why silver makes it look dark, it just does, a bit gothic maybe :D so for me it would have been better without the added decorations since i'm more of a colourful-liking person (if that's even a word) :D
Enjoy! It's very easy once you get the hang of it :) (and I can't wait to try out the rest of the foils!)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti